EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT (ECD) WORKING GROUP
Make Room for Play Campaign (March 23 – June 1, 2015)
Our 2015 campaign is now closed. Please CLICK HERE for the June 2015 final report.
The Make Room for Play campaign inspires us to encourage Canadian kids to be as active as possible – to make room for play by turning virtual play into real, active play!
← To view the National Make Room for Play campaign, please click logo
Make Room for Play Social Media Toolkit for Partners
- 1. Post our social media messages on your website.
- 2. Between March 23 and June 1, 2015, post social media messages on your facebook and/or twitter account at least once a week.
- 3. Alternatively, you may share or re-tweet messages already found on Public Health Facebook and Public Health Twitter pages.
- 4. View and share National campaign videos with parents.
Here are two social media messages that participating organizations can use to help promote the family survey.
Closed – WIN a $50 METRO grocery gift card, take this 5 minute survey. #MakeRoomForPlay http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/hpechu/make-room-for-play-public-survey/
Closed – #MakeRoomForPlay. Take this 5 minute survey for your chance to WIN a $50 grocery gift card to Metro. http://fluidsurveys.com/surveys/hpechu/make-room-for-play-public-survey/
Other Important Make Room for Play Resources for Partners
- 1. Post our local poster where the public and your staff will see it.
- 2. Read our one-pager about local Early Development Instrument (EDI) results.
- 3. Refer to the slideshow presented to the CYSN on March 12, 2015.
- 4. Read our local media release March 2015.
- 5. Talk to your parents and caregivers about: Be Active – Infant, Be Active – Toddlers and Preschoolers.
The Early Childhood Development (ECD) Working Group is responsible for identifying and implementing one or more actionable projects that will improve early childhood development outcomes for children 0-6 years in Hastings-Prince Edward.
Working Group Membership
The ECD Working Group is comprised of a broad spectrum of community service providers and individuals committed to furthering the mandate. The group is aligned with Healthy Habits and the Healthy Kids Community Challenge, and supported by the HPE Data Analysis Coordinator and CYSN Coordinator.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved, contact us today.
- Terms of Reference
- What the EDI Data 2009 and 2011 Tells Us
- Logic Model, October 9, 2014
- Make Room for Play Campaign Work Plan 2015
- Meeting Package for June 3, 2015