Submitted by Brian Russell, Provincial Coordinator, Dad Central Ontario
Dad Central Ontario is looking to build its network in Hastings-Prince Edward. Our hope is to provide better support for the work of engaging fathers in your community.
To do this we would like to offer a full-day workshop called “My Dad Matters: Engaging men raising the next generation”.
This training is to include a variety of representatives from different organizations and sectors in your community, primarily from folks who work with fathers and families.
My Dad Matters has the following goals:
- Overview of fatherhood today
- Influences on father involvement
- Understanding the father-child attachment process
- Assessing present practice with engaging fathers
- Reviewing best practices
- Community networking
- Action plan for next steps
Our hope is that through the course of the training a network will form in your community that can continue to support the work of engaging dads and men raising kids.
In order for this training to happen we need a handful of committed individuals who can help with the following:
- Planning and logistics for the workshop
- Venue and meals
- Promotion to the community
If you are interested in helping with this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.