INPUT REQUESTED ON FEDERAL EDUCATION SAVINGS INCENTIVES: In support of the mandate letter objectives of the Minister of Employment, Workforce Development and Labour, the Government of Canada is actively working to:
- promote the benefits of early education savings through Registered Education Savings Plans (RESP), and
- increase uptake of the Canada Learning Bond for low-income families.
They are looking for representation from organizations serving children and families, in a discussion about their current outreach activities to promote the federal incentives for RESP savings. They believe that the individuals eligible for the federal savings incentives are similar to those your organization supports, and that you may be able to provide them with meaningful feedback and insights.
More specifically, you are invited to participate in a discussion on:
- the effectiveness of current outreach activities (i.e. products, activities and initiatives) in promoting education savings to eligible individuals,
- ways to increase awareness and understanding among Canadians and, in particular, low income Canadians about the federal education savings incentives, and
- the level of awareness that eligible individuals currently have in respect to Employment and Social Development Canada’s offerings so as to identify potential improvements to our current approach to outreach and promotion.
A teleconference will take place on September 15th, 8-10am. Please email NC-CESP-PCEE-OUTREACH-SENSIBILISATION-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca, or call Kim Tranchemontagne at 819-654-8468 if you are interested in contributing.
NON-PROFIT BOARD EXCELLENCE WORKSHOP: November 23rd, 8:30am-4pm at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre in Belleville. CLICK HERE for details.
TOGETHER THROUGH ARTS AND PARENTING (TAP): The Quinte West Youth Centre, together with Young Imaginations and the Ontario Early Years – YMCA, are excited to announce a new program for young parents and their babies/toddlers in our Quinte community. CLICK HERE for details.
TWO FUNDRAISING WORKSHOPS IN ONE DAY: November 17th, 9am-4pm at the Quinte Sports and Wellness Centre in Belleville. CLICK HERE for details.