Healthy Smiles Ontario is a government-funded dental program that provides free preventive, routine, and emergency dental services for children and youth 17 and under from low-income households.
As of January 1, 2016, programs included within Healthy Smiles Ontario are:
- Dental benefits for children under Ontario Works;
- Dental benefits for children under the Ontario Disability Support Program;
- Dental benefits for children under the Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities Program;
- The Children In Need of Treatment Program;
- Healthy Smiles Ontario; and
- Preventive oral health services provided by local public health units.
Note: Children 17 and under are automatically eligible and automatically enrolled in Healthy Smiles Ontario when they or their family receive: Ontario Works, Temporary Care assistance, Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities or the Ontario Disability Support Program. Children and youth with other dental insurance coverage are no longer automatically excluded.
For more information and to enrol in the program visit ontario.ca/healthysmiles or call Service Ontario INFOline toll-free at 1-844-296-6306.
Public Health’s Oral Health program can be reached at 613-966-5500 ext. 680 or toll-free 1-800-267-2803 ext. 680